We’ve got lots of information on buying a home in New Orleans, but there are also some things you need to know for the days and weeks after your act of sale.
• Connect/transfer your utilities
• File a mail forwarding order with the post office
• If you assumed a termite contract, call the termite company to be sure the renewal bill is sent to you at your new address
• Got a home warranty? Scan a copy of the confirmation with the policy number and phone number to call for repairs
• When you receive your recorded sale documents from the title company, it’s time to file for your homestead exemption
• If your neighborhood has an association, take the time to join. It’s a great way to meet your new neighbors!